Well, it’s official. The holiday season is upon us. From turning on holiday music and building gingerbread houses to decorating the Christmas tree and snuggling up with a nice cup of hot cocoa, there is so much to enjoy this time of year.
One of my favorite things about the holidays is gift-giving. Nothing makes me happier than being about to surprise a friend or family member with a gift that they adore. One of my favorite things to do every day is support small businesses and shop locally. Marrying two of my favorites together makes for a memorable holiday for our loved ones and is beneficial for our communities.
As we approach the last few weeks before Christmas, it feels like crunch time when it comes to checking off everyone on our nice list. Whether your list has grown unexpectedly or you’re slowly but surely moving through it, a great way to put together a last-minute gift is by making a curated gift basket. Themed gift baskets are a fantastic way to gift some of your favorite items while celebrating your recipient and the holiday season.
To spread some holiday cheer and make your shopping a bit easier, I thought it would be nice to share some of my favorite gift basket ideas with you.
Explore these unique gift options by theme, and shop locally this season.
1. Family + Children
If you have a family on your gift list, consider making them a basket filled with treats, games, and activities they can enjoy together. Grab some age-appropriate board games, locally produced snacks, and a bottle of wine for the parents to enjoy together.
Also, consider adding some gift cards for family experiences that they can enjoy after the holiday season has passed. Here are some of our favorite family-friendly spots to consider:
- Tastebuds is an excellent option for families who love to cook and enjoy good food together. They host cooking classes and parties for anyone two and older in Beverly. Here, you can attend mommy and me classes, kids-only classes, adult-only classes, or a private class for the entire family. A great gift option to set up a love for cooking at an early age; a great, interactive gift for the whole family.
- Give the gift of theatre at North Shore Music Theatre in Beverly. With show offerings suited for all family members, your gift recipients can enjoy the magic of theatre right in the heart of their town. A perfect family-friendly show to consider gifting is “A Year with Frog and Toad,” A whimsical musical performance follows two best friends through all four seasons. Filled with fun, music, and imagination, the entire family will be enchanted, making this an unforgettable memory and gift. The show takes place on 03/26/2022.
- The perfect gift for an artsy family, Clay Dreaming Pottery Studio in Beverly offers child, teen, and family classes suited for the whole family. Consider adding a handmade clay piece to the basket along with a gift card for them to enjoy making clay pottery themselves. Not only will they be left with the memories of a wonderful time had by all, but they will also have the pottery pieces they made to display in their home for years to come.
Aside from our immediate family, girlfriends are the pillars of love, community, and trust in our lives. Often, friends become our chosen family over the years. So during the holiday season, it is essential to remind them of how much value they add to our lives. Whether you decide to make them a gift basket of their favorite staple items or simply want to give them some new and exciting gifts to pamper them and make them feel loved, these local favorites are some great options.
- With 4 locations throughout Eastern Massachusetts, Nails and Co. Spa is the perfect way to treat your bestie this season. From gel manicures and spa pedicures to skin care, facials, and waxing, they have a little bit of everything for the full spa experience. The perfect gift to wind down from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
- A gift certificate to attend workout classes are a great option for the friends in your life who love to stay active. Some of my favorite spots include Fit Ritual and Inner Cycle with multiple locations throughout the North Shore. An added bonus is if you join them in trying out a new class in the New Year.
- Everyone loves a little pampering. So why not gift a blowout at a luxe blowdry and esthetics bar in Beverly? Prette is the self-proclaimed “destination to feel your most prettiest self.” Let the gift card lead as the theme of the gift basket and include other self-love spa day items such as a new wet brush, a makeup set, a bottle of their favorite wine, an eye mask, and some local, delicious chocolate.
- If your friend considers herself a foodie, then Frank is the place to send her. A place that has lived the idea of farm-to-table, before it was the mainstream, Frank offers delicious, nutritious, and locally sourced menu items that are simply to die for. Offering a brunch, daytime, and nighttime menu, your friend, can enjoy everything from florentine benedict to a savory raw bar and charcuterie board. The ultimate place to sit back and indulge after a long holiday or weeknight. Pair this gift card in a basket with a bamboo cutting board, a new apron, a cheese platter set, and some decadent cheeses, and a perfectly-paired bottle of wine.
- Looking for unique gifts, home decor, or plants for a friend who has everything? Look no further than Roost & Company or Oak + Moss. Both offer sustainably-based paper and gift items. Grabbing items at these two shops is the ideal way to shop locally while scoring gifts that excite.
Sometimes it’s hard to shop for the ones closest to you, especially if you feel they already have everything or claim that they don’t need anything. So this year, consider putting together a fun and romantic gift basket of things you can enjoy together as a couple.
Some of my favorite options include:
4. New Homeowner
Do you have a friend or family member who recently purchased a home? One of the best gifts you can give them is a gift basket filled with fun and valuable things they can use in their new home.
Some of my favorite new homeowner gifts include:
- Plants from Oak + Moss with decorative and unique pots
- Home decor items from Simply Placed
- Snacks and wine
- A fresh bouquet in a colorful vase
- Soaps, candles, and lotions
Whoever you’re shopping for this holiday season, we encourage you to choose gift items that excite their senses and leave lasting memories for years to come. Above all, we hope that you can enjoy the season surrounded by those you love most while sharing the joy of gift-giving with all of those who are special in your life. So, from all of us, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!